This post may contain affiliate links.
It has been a while since I have posted my update. We’ve had some sort of sickness in the family off and on since Christmas and it seems to have finally settled. Also, I was feeling a bit off with my diet and a little less motivated. Although, I did officially hit 20lbs lost this week!
I mentioned last time that I was really getting sick of the same old food and needed more variety. That led to some major cheat days and a slow down of my weight loss. However, looking at the numbers, I am pleased that it didn’t stop my weight loss or cause any weight gain. It just slowed it down some. That just goes to show that you should not get discouraged when it feels like things aren’t going well. It’s never as bad as you think it is.
The New Plan
So I am back to it and modifying things a little. My new modified diet will be as follows:
- During the week, I will continue to abstain from sugar and most carbs.
- I will be focusing more, though, on my calorie intake and not super concerned about my carb count.
- On the weekends, I will be a little more relaxed. I will still choose healthy options for the most part but not super concerned with having the occasional treat or cheat meal.
This should help me not get so bogged down and bored with being so strict. I think this combined with my workouts will still give me great results.
Speaking of workouts, I plan to incorporate more weight training to increase my muscle and will start doing more HIIT during my cardio workouts. I also want to aim for 10,000 steps on days I don’t workout so I still get in some decent activity. I can’t wait to see how this works for the next week. Now, on to the numbers…
|Starting Weight (Jan. 1)||242.9 lbs|
|January Weight Lost||– 11.5 lbs|
|February Weight Lost||– 6.4 lbs|
|March Weight Lost (So Far)||– 2.4 lbs|
|Current Weight||= 222.6|
|Goal Weight||– 140.0 lbs|
|Pounds to Go||= 82.6 lbs|
My goals, as always, for this week:
- Workout 4x this week. Include more weight training.
- Get in 10,000 steps on days I don’t workout.
- Stick to 1500 calories a day.
- Limit Carb intake.
- Get at least 7 hours of sleep.